- What is your current electricity consumption?
- How many solar panels are needed to eliminate your electricity bill in your location?
- What energy efficiency could be considered before a solar project?
- How can a building energy consumption and generation be measured in real time?
Suggested Solar Power Home Steps
- Examine 1 year of electricity bills and see the total kWh used and yearly cost.
- Consider installing a building energy meter. Work out a baseline for energy used per day.Building Energy Measurement
- Calculate best suited energy efficiency projects for your situation. Complete projects.Save Energy and Money Checklist
- See the new efficient baseline energy used per day.
- Run the Solar Panel Power Calculator
Solar Power System Considerations
Solar panels + grid inverter + new power meter + installation - government rebates - renewable energy credits
Solar panels + regulator + batteries + inverter + installation - government rebates - renewable energy credits
Next step to a free energy home
Home Solar Power Alternatives
Community based solar power systems is a group of citizens combining resources for a larger solar system on a community building, school, above a car park etc.
- Shared solar installation costs
- Cost efficiencies with larger scale in terms of shared inverter/s, power meter etc.
- Improved change of more ideal solar panel aspect and pitch for maximum energy return
- Project can be independant of you residential location
- Some savings in cooling costs for the building under the solar panels.